segunda-feira, junho 17, 2024

jane burn

 
Muse doesn’t offer many second chances – if I don’t grasp these flashes
there and then, I forget what they were trying to tell me, am left with only
 
the hazy trace of them in my mind, not the words or form. Nothing remains
but the overwhelming suspicion something crucial has been lost. One poem
 
will even gatecrash another, and say hey! This is MY party, or three come
at once, like insolent buses. A poem will hide from you when you most need it.
 
You’re not the boss of me. I’ll take my own sweet time, it fleers. Poetry is master
of the inopportune. Poetry, more often than not, is a bit of a shit.
 
 
 
 
A musa não oferece muitas segundas oportunidades - se não agarro esses flashes
de imediato, esqueço o que estavam a tentar dizer-me, fico com apenas
 
o seu traço nebuloso no meu juízo, não as palavras ou a forma. Nada permanece
senão a esmagadora  suspeita de que algo crucial se perdeu. Um poema
 
intrometerá mesmo outro, e diz hey! Esta é a MINHA festa, ou três vêm
de imediato, como autocarros insolentes. Um poema esconder-se-á de ti quando dele mais precisares.
 
Tu não és patrão de mim. Vou tomar o meu próprio tempo doce, está a fugir. A poesia é dona
do inoportuno. A poesia, na maioria das vezes, é um poio de merda.